Please Note: Applications for the 2018 program closed on Thursday 12 October 2017.
Study Canberra is looking to engage current Canberra students from tertiary institutions and secondary schools to undertake the exciting role of ‘Student Ambassador’ for 2018.
As a Student Ambassador you will promote Canberra as a great place to study and live by sharing your own experiences with prospective students at various events, including Tertiary Open Day, student welcome events, Orientation Week and exhibitions. This role will require occasional work outside of regular hours including evenings and weekends.
Study Canberra is looking for students who are passionate about Canberra, excellent communicators, well presented, social media savvy and exhibit strong customer service skills.
Recruitment for the Student Ambassador Program is competitive and there are limited number of positions available. Students will be recruited from a variety of backgrounds and student experiences, representing the diverse range of academic disciplines taught by institutions in Canberra. International, interstate and local students are welcome to apply.
The ACTPS is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. One of the Student Ambassador Positions is identified for an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and/or person with disability.
Applicants must be:
- Over 18 years of age;
- Enrolled at an ACT school or institution for the duration of 2017; and
- Enrolled at an ACT school or institution undertaking either an ACT Senior Secondary Certificate; an advanced diploma; undergraduate (Bachelor) degree; or a Graduate (Grad Dip / Masters/ MPhil/ PhD) program for the entire 2018 academic year.
Please note that current and former Study Canberra Student Ambassadors are ineligible to apply.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5 (or equivalent) across all courses completed in 2017;
- Experience in cross cultural communication and/or communication with people from diverse backgrounds; and
- Public speaking, social media and second language skills will be highly regarded.
HOW TO APPLY
We appreciate the high level of interest we have received for the next intake. Applications for the 2018 program closed on Thursday 12 October 2017.
Following a short-listing process, the next stage of recruitment is group interviews on 31 October. Applicants will be notified as to whether they have progressed to the interview stage by 26 October 2017.